Friday, October 22, 2004

Dominican Baseball Video Clip

During the winter I went to a few Dominican Winter League baseball games and I brought my video camera to one game. I edited together a short clip to let people see the "flavor" of Dominican Baseball. There is drinking, dancing, partying and cheerleaders! It is certainly a fun way to spend an evening in Santo Domingo!

I have also been to a game in San Pedro De Macoris, which is home to many Dominican players. This winter I would like to see games in some of the other stadiums across the DR. Santiago may be the next stop. It is much different than going to a game in the states. The Dominican people REALLY get into it. It can be a bit crazy but always fun.

Baeball is so much a part of the culture down there. I also shit video of some young kids playing ball, for a documentary project that had segments being shot all around the world. The conditions these kids played under were horrible. I'll edit together a clip from that footage so you can see how the young kids take their baseball very seriously.

Here are the links to the baseball clips

Broadband video clip of Dominican Baseball

Dial up video clip of Dominican Baseball

I hope you enjoy the clips and get a bit of the "flavor" of Dominican Baseball!