Saturday, January 17, 2004

Things have been relatively quiet. . . . .

I've been taking it easy lately. I have been busy writing tutorials for my "day job". I also had to make a trip to UPS to pick up my replacement credit card. I am now busy updating my CC info at a number of online vendors that charge my crads monthly etc. What fun. Have I mentioned how much it sucks to get robbed.

Cari has been busy recruiting women for our website. We have a client in town that has met two of the women so far. He seems to be enjoying himself but no "sparks" yet. Another client, who got married down here in December, is coming back down on the 20th. I need to book my return trip to New York so I can buy a new laptop and take care of some other stuff.

I want to return to Santo Domingo for Carnaval in february. I want to shoot some more video of Carnaval to put on www.dr-tourist.tv We have a clip online from Carnaval 2003 in La Vega. I would like to shoot some more footage in La Vega, maybe Santiago, Definitely Santo Domingo as well. If I have the time I would love to make it to Monte Christi as their Carnaval is different from all the rest. Some men put on the Carnaval masks and fight each other with bullwhips! I think that could make for some great video! If I don't get hit with a bull whip!

Cari needs to computer today, so I will probably head out to shoot some video etc. I really miss my little DV camera that got stolen. It was very compact and I could carry it any where. I will try and get a replacement very soon.

That's it for now. I need to get out more and be less boring!